ONLINE NOMINATION FORM
Schools and non-school organisations all across Western Australia are invited to nominate two Year 10-12 Aboriginal students to attend a one-day leadership and civics event in Perth: The Youth Civics Leadership Day (YCLD) for Aboriginal youth.
The YCLD aims to provide the participants with the opportunity to enhance and build on the leadership potential and/or civic awareness that they have demonstrated within their school and/or community.
The YCLD for Aboriginal youth will be lead by, and delivered by, Aboriginal peoples in a culturally safe and culturally informed programme which aims to inspire and up-skill the participants.
- The nominees must be Year 10-12 Aboriginal students.
- The nominees must not have had the opportunity in the past to represent the school or attend a similar event.
- The nominees must have demonstrated:
- leadership potential; and/or
- civic awareness within their school and/or community.
- Each school and non-school organisation may nominate a maximum of two Year 10-12 students.
An interest in law and/or becoming a lawyer is not a pre-requisite or part of the nomination criteria for nominees. The focus of this event is on up-skilling the participants leadership and civics skills and expanding their networks.